11.09.2008

::a midterm, 4 full weeks, and Immersion::

Well, hello there. Fancy meeting you here ... now ...

It is week 7 already at the University. I can hardly believe that 6 full weeks have gone by! Tomorrow is my last 'midterm' of the quarter, although it's week 7 so it doesn't quite feel like a midterm because it's after the middle of the term. But, to each professor his/her own, right?

Four weeks, four full weeks left, then a half week for finals. Pretty soon there will be new developments as to life next quarter, but right now "mum's the word" ... I have to wait until things are finalized to broadcast them.

This brings us to the last section of this short post, Immersion. Now, you may think that I am making reference to some language learning school or class, since I am a Spanish Major. As fitting as that would be, it's not the case. No, twice in the past two weeks my pastor has talked about this intercessory prayer conference he attended at which an African pastor spoke. He talked about the importance of being in the word, as a discipline, and that they encouraged their people to be reading 30 chapters a day. A day! Sometimes I read four . . . but 30? That's a lot! And this pastor also said that they encouraged their youth to at least read 10 if they couldn't get to 30. This kind of immersion in the word can only mean good things. I'd have to abandon my love of the TV to actually DO Homework to actually HAVE time to read 30 chapters a day.

Maybe I'll try it this week, TV's not that great anyways, right?

Care to join me?

No comments: