2.04.2009

::the quarter::

Here we are! It is Wednesday, February 4th, 2009. I am in the middle of the middle week of classes...my madre figured it out last week and I am 1/8th of the way finished with the rest of my college career. That's pretty exciting stuff! Also new this week, I learned that I am indeed in my last GEC (general education curriculum) course this quarter, and that after Winter Quarter is over, I will have 35 hours left to fill (which will be easy to fill with my major classes). And next week I get to schedule for Spring Quarter!

In general, I am very much enjoying this quarter. It is keeping me SO busy, there is a ton of reading for both my Linguistics and Spanish 560 class. When my friends call me and ask what I'm doing, I usually have them guess, and they normally get it right: "I'm reading."

But it's good for me to have to sort through (in my brain and heart) what is most important, and to devote first attention to those things before doing other things. I won't say that I'm really good at it, but it's a good challenge.

The Lord is really challenging me a lot to trust Him. It's been a really cool work that I can see notably, in that He is giving me direct opportunities to let go of my plans, fears, pre-conceived notions, and the ideals that I held that were not biblical; to let these all go and instead trust Him to lead me. I don't understand His ways, and this is something that is new because normally I can rationalize my way through to understanding at least a little of why He is doing what He is doing. But not this time. I just don't get Him! But, I love Him. And this journey is really fun....oddly enough I am coming to enjoy the occasional chaos.

You know those times when you are walking through something tough, but as much as you don't like the uncomfortable-ness, you really grow to cherish the work of the Lord in your heart? That's where I'm at. It's good. Not easy, but so good.

These are my random thoughts for the day. I hope all is well in your hearts and souls.

~k

No comments: