11.07.2009

:: identity ::

a fusion, perfect blending ... a mixing
I'm waiting for integration
hoping to find my walls breaking down;
to arrive ...

but I am lost. who do I kid?
I am working so hard to prove myself to you:
when you are not asking me for proof.

I walk into a BMV to get a license ... then stand
fumbling for a license in my purse to identify myself
but that's why I'm here in the first place
I need identification
and cannot prove myself to you ...
You must prove me to me ... then to the world
for I do not know who I am.

(July 15th, 2008)

2 comments:

J Tin said...

the new Crowder album has a song called "Shine". Chorus goes like so:

"Shine Your light, so I can see You
Pull me up, I need to be near You
Hold me, I need to feel love
Can You overcome, this heart that's overcome"

Something that's been on my mind recently - only by God's grace can we feel close to him, or see him, or feel his love. He acts first.

kara said...

Good word brother!