2.03.2007

Downtown Chico

Hey! I just remembered that we did something cool last night that I can write about! Yay!

So last friday we went to downtown Chico and prayer-walked the streets. It was really cool. Then last night we went back to this little park with a fountain and stage and we played worship and talked to people. Jake, Raychel, Andria, Peter, and I ''led'' worship, but it was so super casual that people jumped on and off the stage, forsaking their positions to talk to people. It was sweet. 2 students from Chico State had been out to the base yesterday afternoon to tour because they are considering DTS or Mission Building. I met them and invited them to come to the park. They came and hung out for about an hour. They're a part of Intervarsity (a Christian organization on campus) and in talking to them I was able to share a verse I had gotten for them while we were in intercession this week. It was so rad! I'm really hoping to attend at least one of their meetings while I'm here and be able to encourage them. Some of our team prayed for a girl's ear last night and she got healed! She was supposed to have surgery but now she doesn't have to! How cool is God! After about an hour we packed up and convened at Starbucks. I ended up talking to a Chico State student who was studying Statics, whatever that is. Actually, I understood some of it. He doesn't have any background in Christianity, and I talked about YWAM and what we learn and that kind of stuff, but I think it was all vague to him. I wish I would've just laid out the gospel to him. He seemed open enough. So, if you think of him, pray that he keeps running into people who are perhaps bolder than I am, and that he comes to know Christ. I want another chance, but at this point all I can do is release him and prepare for the next opportunity I have with any non Christian.
All in all, it was a good night. I'm really excited because we'll probably do this every friday while we're in lecture phase.
Can you believe that I've been here for a month already? It feels like I've only been here a few days! But it's good. 7 more weeks of lecture, supposedly. We'll see.

Ok, I'm off to watch people play soccer. Thanks for reading!

No comments: