1.30.2008

Missing Guatemala

this will be short. my health book is staring at me beckoningly (actually the thought of my midterm sunday is what’s really beckoning)

as the title suggests, i am indeed in a pining state, for “native” Guatemala. i met a new co-worker today who has a good friend from Guatemala and my first thought was “una Guatemalteca? i want to meet her!” maybe it’s the weather, it’s so cold and windy/chilly here and it’s been a little annoying around campus because of that. or maybe it’s that everything’s been steady and vaguely familiar for a little too long, and i just want a change of pace. then again, i’m content here, just a teeny bit of me wants to be there. i don’t know what it is. probably more the idea of Guatemala than anything, but some days i could just pack up and leave it all behind! no plans for that happening, but you’ll hear about it if anything surfaces.

as stated moments ago, my health book is staring me down. i must attend to it’s reading. if you think of Guatemala, think fondly people: it’s amazing!

No comments: