8.20.2006

star-gazing and someone else's thoughts

because the night sky is just that amazing! good views, good conversation, good times. one of those bonding times that i'll remember when i'm gone next year.

tonight i finished my project and am now in prayer as to how to proceed. anyone want to read some poetry? it's a booklet, it's 14 poems (original), and i'm going to have it printed up. all proceeds go to DTS. how does one go about selling their soul? do i broadcast this? SOUL FOR SALE. . . .x amount of $$? still thinking. in the meantime, here are some one else's words that i find inspiring.

On a bus ride into town, I wondered "Why am I going to town?" I looked around at th e billboards and the stores I thought, "Why do I look around?" so I got out and I bowed and kissed the filthy ground and in the first dry spot I found I laid down without having to wonder why I was laying down. Before long I was too cold and so took a bus back to the station I found a letter left by a pay phone with no return contact information, it was addressed: To total strangers, it read like a horn blown by some sad angel "Bunny, it was me who let you down" it was the shyest attempt I'd ever seen at conversation if I didn't have You as my guide I'd still wander lost in Sinai counting the plates of cars from out-of-state, (how I could jump in their path they hurry along!) until you could surround me, you're pretty but you're all I can see, like a thick fog - if there was no way into God, I would never have laid in this grave of a body for so long, St. Cyril's fair always came through the first week of September but it's already the 19th and there's no sign of it yet. I have a hard time remembering the things I should remember and a hard time forgetting the things I should forget. Oh Christ when You're ready to come back I think I'm ready for You to come back but if You want to stay wherever exactly it is You are, that's okay too - it's really none of my business. If I didn't have You as my guide I'd still be wandering lost in Sinai or down by the tracks watching trains go by to remind me: There are places that aren't here. I had a well but all the water left so I'll ask Your forgiveness with every breath, if there was no way into God, I would never have laid in this grave of a body So long, dear.

No comments: