8.05.2006

the truth of life

it was summertime.
all the words struggling to find transparency filled my mind with an opaque shutter,
like over a window to the sea:
blocking out sky, and blue, and warm summer sun
and life! blocking out life.
I live restrained by walls of cardboard security and lofty aspirations,
my soul, perishing, breaks these words ---

unleashing the window,
unleashing life,
now! I live without fear of dying.

if I can but breathe true air,
and convey truths taught by widsom,
if in my turmoiled soul there lies a truth, that,
having been exposed can survive,
having been scrutinized still stands,
having been tested endures -- then! -- then
I will have breathed the truth of life.

I shall have walked the starless ocean view at
midnight, and at 12 past 2,
I shall have been one aquainted with the night.
I shall take the road that makes the difference!
and, having met with the living death, and having
overcome and gained entrance to the true, free
world,

I shall have lived. outside.

it was summertime.



copyright 2006 all rights reserved

No comments: