10.19.2006

Isaiah 48.10-11

Wow! so things are moving along rather rapidly......................wow.

"Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; i have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For My own sake, for My own sake, I will act; for how can My name be profaned? and My glory I will not give to another." Isaiah 48.10-11

This whole DTS thing is about so much for than just me. Everything is about more than me. of course! if and when God acts, it is for HIS sake, not just mine. i pray that i will glorify Christ by becoming so like Him that my prayers are in line with what God was planning for His sake anyways. Those are the prayers that i want answered. i don't want any selfish prayers answered, i want to be able to count on the fact that when God acts it is for His sake and is a statement of what He is about.

so apparently He is all about me going to YWAM.

do you know how much i will pay for my airplane tickets to california? $$zero$$.

and it rocks not just because it's one less thing that I have to furnish, it rocks because it proves to me (as confirmation) that God is working to get me to YWAM. it's not just my doing that will get me there, and it's not just so 'i will learn' or so 'i will be changed'. oh no. this is for God's glory. for His name's sake. For His own sake alone. He has purposes that i can't fathom. that's part of what is so scary.

sure, i will learn and be changed in the process, but God works for His sake and for His name and His kingdom and His renown. may glory be attributed to God in my words and actions and life. may i die to myself daily so that He will live more fully in me.

peace until next time the sun shines so brightly.....

k

No comments: