10.26.2006

manifest actions and latent meanings

i guess i should just come out and tell you
there's more to me than meets the naked eye
maybe i hide too much of the other
but my two lives? both must soon surely die

meeting me on the street you will find
ill seldom tell if ive had a bad day
but my intermittent savageries
are screaming what i really want to say

so i need to write about life and death
upon examining most of my words
you may find an inconsistency there
you may think my mind has gone to the birds

sure, in person i am sweet i am mild
only some know when my life's getting rough
do you think that my words are too heavy?
i don't mind. listen: i can't get enough.

writing darkness brings to light all the blazing things i hide
you know me? well i think not. you only know one side.

don't you know who i am?

No comments: