1.03.2007

last days

wow. wednesday of leaving week is here already. i guess this week has gone by super fast because of all the fun family activities we've had. . .they've taken my mind totally off of the fact that i'm leaving shortly. hmm.

so i officially quit kroger, i went in to work today so i can get vacation pay. gotta love vacation pay. :) apparently the social security office thinks that i am a man, so i have to go and fix that tomorrow. i'm definitely a female. go uncle sam.

said goodbye to my MHers and the other youth leaders today, that was sad. maggie: i miss you already! that's the last big thing this week for me, besides the actual leaving.

if i could offer life advice to anyone, i guess i'd say: (1) don't waste time, God's or yours, and (2) give it everything you've got. i have wasted a lot of time over the past 20 years focusing on what God was going to do in the future as opposed to what He was doing in the present. i regret being unfocused, divided. i hope that in the future my heart is undividedly Christ's. i was then thinking about how that kind of life takes perpetual surrender. giving it all you've got. really intentionally putting heart and soul into following Christ, into taking the same road He takes and walking in communion with Him on it. i hope that that is the kind of life i lead for the rest of my life. we've only just begun! so let me recount Hosea 6.3, one of my favorite verses:

"So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth."

may we press ever onward to the call of Christ Jesus! Glory to God in the highest, especially in these last days. talk to you all soon. . .


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Go Kara Tindor! You rock! And yes there is always some saddness when leaving....but you get to leave and have an adventure! I am sorta jelous maybe? (not too bad, just that you are young, single, and really no responsibilities here, and so you can go)I wish maybe I had done something like this when I was 20 years old. Oh well it's in God's hands :) Thanks for the talk last night at your house! You are an amazing women of God and He will use out there in Chico - don't you worry. I know you learn so much about yourself, about God, and many, many other things. I will miss you but know that this is what you need to do! Have fun my dear, keep in touch, and May will be a joyous month to celebrate your return!