7.11.2007

a working girl

Some say there's a women's work and men's work. Either way, it's work. So what if there's stuff that most people of one gender lean towards doing one type of work, and the other gender a different work. We like what we like, and some of that is what God has designed for us to do!

In all honesty, the ''women's work'' you think of when that term is mentioned (housework, cooking, cleaning, decorating, caring for youngins, etc) is what I most sincerely want to do in life. But that will come in time, if the good Lord is willing.

Anyways, all that to say . . . I'm working. I've got a job, and I'm working!!! It's not what you'd automatically call ''women's work,'' but most of the people I work with are women. It's quiet work, filing, filling out forms, medical records, calling people . . . sorting mail, doing odd jobs. But I'm really excited. It appears that I may have my own desk soon at the office, which means I can put up a few pictures of the people who mean most!

It's great to be working. I feel structured again, purposeful. Life has MEANING! Just kidding. :) It had tons of meaning before I ever got a job. Jesus is still my meaning, no matter what kind of job I am working. I wanna figure out how to make Jesus the center meaning of all things in my life. You know the song "Chicago"? It says "all things go, all things go, to Chicago." Somehow I just thought of that. Not that all things go to Jesus, but all things come from Him. The center. Yeah. That's what I want.

Got another sweet taste of community last night with the girls, Aleen, Tonya, Bethany, and Shannon. It was like YWAM small group all over again. It felt so good to be vulnerable again, I know by now that the freedom on the other side is sweet enough to go through any heartache. And so, I do feel a little freer today.

Aleen is taking me out to shop for scrubs tonight. yay! I look good posing as a nurse . . .

No comments: